Great Start Collaborative Vision:
All children will enter Kindergarten safe, healthy, and ready to succeed in school and in life.
To Assure a coordinated system of community resources and support to all Midland County Families with children pre-natal through Kindergarten
What is the Midland County Great Start Collaborative?
The Midland County Great Start Collaborative is a network of service providers, parents, business and community leaders, and educators who work together to provide coordinated support for families of children from birth through age five. These individuals work together to oversee the planning, implementation, and ongoing improvement of programs and services for Midland County children and families.
The Great Start Collaborative’s goal is to help ensure that children are safe, healthy and ready to learn when they enter kindergarten in Midland County. All children deserve a healthy foundation so that they can be successful in school and in life.
Interested in learning more? Feel free to contact Midland County Great Start Collaborative Director Bethany Shoun at 989-492-7702 EXT 1173 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Major Midland County Great Start Collaborative Initatives:
- Embrace strategic planning to develop an Early Childhood Action Agenda (gap analysis of services, eliminate duplication of services).
- Click to download the current Strategic Plan
- Kids Count
- Support joint recruitment/enrollment for free preschool
- Provide professional development opportunities for preschool and child care providers and parents with young children through the Central Resource Center
- Provide preschool scholarships for low income 3 year olds
- Promote the Imagination Library throughout Midland County